Exceptional trading, investment and information solutions for the world’s financial community
Established in 1981, Fidessa provides innovative software and services to clients in the financial services sector. The company provides trading systems, market data, connectivity and related services to buy-side and sell-side financial services customers worldwide. Headquartered in London and Surrey and with offices around the world, it prides itself on developing solutions which help financial professionals globally recognise and react to change faster than the competition. 85% of the world’s leading financial organisations use Fidessa software and £20tn travels across its network each year.
About the role
Job Title: 2016 Development Internship
Location: Woking (Surrey)
Date: July-August 2016 (8 weeks)
This is an eight week paid summer internship to take place over July and August 2016, based in the Software Development Division of the business.
The successful candidates will be involved in every stage of building the next generation of financial trading applications. You will deliver resilient, high performance trading solutions to a rapidly changing marketplace. Upon joining as an Intern, you will receive a technical understanding of our applications and an appreciation of global financial markets as well as being exposed to the whole project lifecycle. The internship will offer you the opportunity to work in a technical environment coupled with a training programme, attendance at a Graduate event and a networking lunch.
- Applicants should be on track to gain a computing or numerate related degree (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable skill in one or more of the following: C++, C#, Java
- Strong problem solving skills
- Clear, accurate and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to build a career in software development
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design software solutions to meet business specifications
- Perform functional testing of the system on a full installation that replicates real world use
- Provide content for functional and technical documentation
- Review and constructively comment on the software, testing and documentation of peers
- Help peers by sharing expertise in your primary development area
- Work independently and in close collaboration with team members
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in one of the UK’s leading software specialists in the exciting global finance sector.
If you’ve been tagged…
If you’ve been tagged for this opportunity, get your applications in!
If you’re a student or recent graduate and have not been given a Gradintel.com account through your University, you don’t have to worry about missing out on great opportunities like this one. Sign up today with a Gradintel.com student account here, start building your profile, and be discovered.